Reference # 4336
STI is a health care IT company that enables choice of and access to the best available medications through the invention and delivery of intelligent reimbursement solutions, ultimately resulting in better health outcomes. The company’s mission is to revolutionize pharmaceutical marketing through the power of choice.
Established in 2001 on a foundation of innovation, STI has seen explosive growth over the past period and is a recognized leader in the Canadian Pharmaceutical industry, added to the list of fastest growing companies in Atlantic Canada for the past three years running.
On behalf of STI we are looking for a Java Developer to join their expanding team.
STI develops and maintains software systems ranging from web-based and mobile applications to java-based transaction processing.
This role assumes key leadership role within the technology team, reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Java Developer is accountable for developing, managing and releasing best in class software products, while participating in a dynamic team to transform the application development stack.
As the Java Developer, delivering secure, best in class code must be your passion. You must have the internal fortitude to demand the best from yourself and your team and not succumb to time/internal pressure.
• Work together with the Product Owner to plan and execute projects
• Write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
• Contribute primarily to the design and development of our ever evolving RESTful API.
• Work with the Software Development team to evolve our existing systems and architecture to newer platforms and technologies.
• Work with the Scrum Master and Team Lead to help establish sprint activities and tasks, and accept ownership of assigned tasks.
• Provide and recommend innovative solutions to complex architectural issues.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for peer review.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• Minimum of 3 years of development experience in a software development organization
• Strong knowledge of Java/Java EE and Data Structures.
• Experience with API development, specifically with RESTful API development.
• Experience using an Object Relational Mapping framework, preferably Hibernate.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
• Unit/Integration testing.
• A record of successful delivery of software applications in a timely, code efficent manner
• Strong understanding of the software development cycle
• Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills
• Experience in Java programming and Java EE/JBoss application server software development (EJB, JMS, JDBC, JTA)
• Relevant experience with web services and REST
• Experience with EJB 3 and/or Spring frameworks
• Understanding of relational databases (Oracle / MySQL)
• Knowledge of Hibernate framework
• Experience with Apache
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
• Experience with Jersey framework.
• Experience with Spring framework.
• Knowledge of Docker.
• Knowledge of build tools, such as Gradle.
• Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture style.
• Version control, preferably GIT and following GITflow.
• Understanding of relational databases, such as Oracle and MySQL.
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases would be an asset.
• Experience building a big data system would be an asset, especially around batch processing.
• Self-motivated, team player, action and results and security oriented
• Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
• Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
Organizational “Fit” Considerations:
STI Technologies is seeking a team player who enjoys technical challenges within a fast paced
environment, applies sound judgment in successful task planning and execution, meets deadlines, and communicates the highest standards of professionalism in his/her appearance and work habits.
To express interest in this opportunity, please click the following link:
For more information contact Jamie Grant, Senior Consultant at 902.420.1809 or Brooke Ireland, Consultant at 902.421.1214