PRODUCTION MACHINE OPERATOR
Spring Loaded is growing rapidly and is expanding our production team. We are looking for a Production CNC Operator to help scale our production capabilities. You will be responsible for the setup and operation of CNC and manual machining equipment for both high-volume production and custom prototyping. Ideally, you have 1-2 years of machine shop experience and/or training operating a CNC milling machine and/or lathe. Attention to detail, commitment to safety, obsession with quality, and absolute dependability are a must. We work at an extremely fast pace and work together as a collective unit. As a result, you will be cross-trained on other areas of our operation and work in multiple areas of production.
The person in position is responsible for setting up machines, checking products against design and quality specifications, and keeping production items running through machining areas with quantity and quality acceptable to Spring Loaded Technology. They may also perform additional responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, non-destructive testing, sub-assembly components assemblies, mass finishing, and polishing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup machines, lathes, mills, or machining centers for the production of products
- Participate in ongoing process improvements
- Record production through process logs, and count cards
- May perform additional responsibilities as necessary
Expected Areas of Competence
- Must own and have a working knowledge of basic precision measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, and indicators
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must demonstrate ability to perform setup on machines
High School diploma plus two years machining experience on CNC lathes and/or mills/ or, high school machine shop training with one year of CNC experience.
- Have a positive, can do attitude, like to work as part of a team, be results oriented, pay attention to detail and take pride in doing quality work
- Shop skills including tools and shop math
- Equipment experience with mill and lathe, both manual and CNC
- Excellent manual and hand tool skills
- CAD in Rhino, OnShape or Solidworks
- Familiarity with Mastercam
- Apprentice Machinist
- College machinist trade diploma
- Must be organized and work well with priority changes
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organization with a seasoned management team who have been there before. We offer a casual work environment with our head office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are highly motivated, energetic and seek the challenges and rewards of building a great product and reaching your potential, we would like to hear from you.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line – production machine operator. Otherwise, your application will be disregarded.