See original posting here
Business Development Associate
In this role, you will be expected to pursue and win sales with end users across a wide range of market verticals. While working closely with the Spring Loaded sales and marketing team, you will be in charge of prospecting and cold calling potential customers. This role is best suited to a driven yet empathetic individual who is not shy on the phone, loves talking to new people, and can use those skills to show immediate results. This is a quota-carrying role and candidates for this position must be highly motivated, tenacious, and self-starters.
- Prospect, prioritize and develop a pipeline of new business
- Research and build “cold accounts” (i.e.: adding contacts, sending emails, cold calling)
- Qualify and close direct to consumer sales
- Attend tradeshows and events to demonstrate the features and benefits of our bionic knee braces
- Travel to new markets to help Spring Loaded increase local sales
- Learn appropriate language and techniques for interacting with different customer types (e.g. doctors versus end-users)
- Conduct high-level conversations with management on prospective new customers and market verticals
- Work with Marketing to ensure the right customers are being targeted
- Work with Customer Support to ensure that new customers are satisfied with their purchase.
- Proactively work to remove barriers and open new lines of business for the company
- Minimum 1-year history of developing pipeline or making high-volume sales over the phone
- Experience prospecting and cold calling to generate sales opportunities
- Track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience performing well within a team and individual setting
- Demonstrated customer-facing skills, including expectation management, communication skills, and information management
- A university degree or college diploma
- A well-developed sense of humor
- Experience working in the technology, medical device, or call center industry
- Experience using Hubspot or Salesforce CRM is an asset
- Formal sales training is an asset
- Must be available to work on-premises in Burnside, NS
Do the ideas of problem-solving, process improvement, and technology disruption in one of the largest industries in North America get you excited? Do you have outbound sales experience in the technology or call center industry?
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly growing company with an ambitious mission. We offer a casual work environment in our office located in Dartmouth, NS, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are highly motivated, energetic problem solver– we would like to hear from you.
To submit your application, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Application – Business Development Associate.