Spring Loaded Technology is a start-up company in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. We manufacture and distribute bionic knee braces to enhance the strength and power of the leg muscles. For athletes, our technology is designed to offer reduced fatigue and increased performance. For individuals with a knee injury, osteoarthritis, or movement disability, our technology is focused on increasing mobility, reducing pain, and improving quality of life. We’re a tight-knit team in Dartmouth, NS that’s rapidly expanding and we need an experienced Sales or Business Development Associate to help with our growth into new and existing markets.
In this role, you will be expected to pursue and win sales with end users across a wide range of market verticals. You will be in charge of prospecting and cold calling potential customers. You will work closely with our VP of Sales and Marketing, and the Spring Loaded sales and marketing team. This role is best suited to a driven yet empathetic individual who is not shy on the phone, loves talking to new people, and can use those skills to show immediate results. This is a quota-carrying role and candidates for this position must be highly motivated, tenacious, and self-starters. Do the ideas of
Do the ideas of problem solving, process improvement, and technology disruption in one of the largest industries in North America get you excited? Do you have outbound sales experience in the technology or call center industry?
• Prospect, prioritize and develop a pipeline of new business
• Research and build “cold accounts” (i.e.: adding contacts, sending emails, cold calling)
• Qualify and close direct to consumer sales
• Attend tradeshows and events to demonstrate the features and benefits of our bionic knee braces
• Learn appropriate language and techniques for interacting with different customer types (e.g. doctors versus end-users)
• Conduct high-level conversations with management on prospective new customers and market verticals
• Work with Marketing to ensure the right customers are being targeted
• Work with Customer Support to ensure that new customers are satisfied with their purchase.
• Demonstrated customer-facing skills, including expectation management, communication skills, and information management
• A university degree or college diploma
• A well-developed sense of humor
• Experience working in the technology, medical device, or call center industry
• Experience using Hubspot or Salesforce CRM is an asset
• Formal sales training is an asset
• Must be available to work on-premises in Burnside, NS
Base salary dependent on applicant’s experience level with a competitive commission structure, and comprehensive benefits package.
Submit a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com, include “Business Development Associate” in the subject line of your email.