Spring Loaded Technology is based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We build and deliver breakthrough “bionic” technologies that change and improve lives. Our compact, powerful, and dynamic bionic knee bracing technology augments the strength and power of the leg muscles. By increasing strength, Spring Loaded knee braces are used for mobility assistance, injury prevention, injury rehabilitation, and fatigue reduction.
Spring Loaded is growing rapidly, and we’re excited about this next stage of our growth. There has never been a more exciting time to join us. Our team is made up of bright, passionate people, working together to pioneer game-changing technology. We are currently seeking Independent Sales Agents (Independent Distributors) to enhance our overall presence and distribution across key Canadian markets. You will be responsible for nurturing relationships with key stakeholders including retailers, clinics, Therapists, and Physicians, calling on a variety of outlets where knee braces are prescribed and/or sold. You will work closely with our VP of Sales and Marketing, and the Spring Loaded Sales and Marketing Team. This role is best suited for a driven, yet empathetic individual who is eager to make their mark in the medical device industry, and who is motivated by a pay-for-performance model (i.e. 100% commission). If you’re currently an Independent Sales Agent (Independent Distributor) in the medical device industry looking to enhance your offering, or if you’re interested in starting up a new business in the industry, we’d like to hear from you. Ideally, the successful candidate will have preexisting relationships with the various stakeholders mentioned above.
- Leverage your existing relationships with practitioners, therapists, and various bracing and orthotic clinics
- Identify areas of opportunity within your territory to promote and educate clinicians on our leading technology, as well as new distribution opportunities across clinics and/or bracing retailers.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with new and existing customers
- Meet regularly with customers and clinicians to present and demonstrate Spring Loaded Technology’s leading products, and to explain their features and benefits
- Conduct open and honest conversations with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales. Conduct regular business reviews
- Regularly follow up with these customers and clinicians to monitor their satisfaction with our products. Identify opportunities to improve customer/consumer satisfaction with products
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills are essential. You must be comfortable presenting to individuals and groups of up to 10
- Coordinate with other Spring Loaded Technology personnel to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required
- Participate in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about Spring Loaded Technology’s products, competitor products, and their respective advantages and disadvantages
- Set and achieve personal performance goals for sales volume, new contacts made, new client sales, and other related sales results achieved.
- Participate as a member of the Spring Loaded Technology sales team to improve our ability to increase market share by identifying ways to increase product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in tradeshows and/or association and industry conferences when appropriate
- Language: English
- Education: Post-secondary – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Preexisting relationships with Physicians, Therapists, clinic owners, and bracing retailers
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience, preferably selling medical devices
- Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of clinicians.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinetics – an asset
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organizational goals
- A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, database and other relevant software programs