Spring Loaded Technology (SLT) is an award-winning biotechnology company based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. At Spring Loaded, we build and deliver breakthrough bionic technologies that change and improve lives. Our compact, powerful, and dynamic bionic knee bracing technology augments the strength and power of the leg muscles. By increasing strength, Spring Loaded knee braces are used for mobility assistance, injury prevention, injury rehabilitation, and fatigue reduction. This revolutionary technology is helping people across the world achieve goals and maintain quality of life.
As the Director of Marketing, you are required to plan, execute and manage every stage of the product lifecycle. You will be responsible for identifying appropriate markets, launching new products, coordinating product changes, and spearheading product promotion. You will be the primary interface of the product which requires a high degree of interaction and collaboration with SLT teams, customers, and external constituents. While the successful candidate will lead the SLT Marketing and Communications Team, demonstrated experience identifying, designing, executing, and measuring digital marketing strategies and outcomes are critical to this role.
The Director of Marketing will:
- Have proven and verifiable experience in digital marketing that includes developing and implementing various online marketing strategies.
- Manage the creation, collection, and execution of traditional marketing assets and plan and implement new product launch marketing campaigns. This includes, but is not limited to, web content, branding, product positioning, brochures, animations, presentations, posters, trade shows, and conferences.
- Design, develop, refine, and maintain sophisticated marketing automation systems allowing for data-driven commercialization and roll-out of new products.
- Conduct various analyses and market validity studies of medical and health markets.
- Create and review product information content, product manuals, labels, and packaging.
- Work independently and manage third-party consultants (as required) for the completion of their responsibilities.
- Support sales staff by providing guidance and area-specific knowledge in response to customer and distributor requests and facilitating interactions among sales, production, and R&D.
- Lead the Marketing and Communications Team.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in a health or medical related field.
- Marketing agency experience is considered an asset.
- Degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Technically savvy in digital marketing with exposure to brand management and traditional marketing campaigns using various forms of print media. The Director of Marketing is well versed in the full suite of digital marketing and website strategies, including:
- SEO and website optimization
- Lead generation tactics and strategies
- Nurture campaigns
- Automated marketing software (e.g., Hubspot)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Google Analytics (custom analyses)
- Digital advertising
- Social Media
- Google Tag Manager
- Solid understanding of product positioning and value proposition to suit the targeted market(s).
- Advanced data manipulation and interpretation skills in order to provide recommendations on data-driven market research.
- Proven project management and planning experience coordinating multiple projects with varying deadlines, including the flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrates technical and business acumen and has a strong research and data-driven viewpoint.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with solid experienced building relationships with external constituents.
- Strong leadership skills to support the management and guidance of the Marketing and Communications Team.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and comprehensively understand and deliver on data-driven research and optimization for marketing purposes.
- Is capable of managing marketing projects in a comprehensive manner from coordinating events to digital launches to PR and social media.
- Understand branding and the creative process and/or have been a collaborator to professionals in this field.
- Demonstrated experience writing for the scientific community and additional training in epidemiology and statistics is an asset.