Sona Nanotech, a leading technology solutions provider, is currently seeking a highly motivated sales professional to join our ambitious life sciences company. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing, negotiating and closing new-sales opportunities across a global territory.
Top candidates will have worked at an IVD company where they have demonstrated the ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, conveying compelling value propositions and working cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Candidates will possess both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact with other business managers and key stakeholders of IVD companies as well as technical exposure that enables them to easily interact with R&D managers, Project Mangers and Technical specialists.
A keen sense of ownership, drive and passion is a must, as is the ability to leverage and motivate Sona’s internal teams to achieve results.
This is a permanent, full-time position and can be home based or out of our Head Office in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Sona Nanotech is an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applications from people with disabilities. Any applicant who may require accommodations are encouraged to discuss this with their recruiter.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales/performance targets
- Actively prospect to uncover and develop new business opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and manufacturers
- Conduct needs/requirements assessment and provide solutions that meet customer expectations
- Promote the company’s products/services to new and existing accounts
- Conduct client presentations/training/demonstrations as required
- Attend and participate in industry events, trade shows and client functions
- Develop price quotations and bid responses that are complete, accurate, and profitable
- Work closely with Sona’s production and R&D departments to ensure successful deployment and delivery of client projects/solutions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Highly motivated, energetic business development/sales professional
- Strong prospecting/business development skills
- Solution sales approach
- Territory management – coverage planning/strategy
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- >2 years’ experience in a business development /sales executive role
- Experience in sales related to IVD/medical devices is preferred and an advantage
- Proven sales track record and ability to accurately forecast and maintain a sales funnel
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, etc)
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with high-level negotiations
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific subject and/or commerce/business administration preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Willingness to work outside standard working hours to ensure global coverage is maintained
- Willingness to travel globally and represent company
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and skill level
- Considerable bonus compensation available based on meeting objectives/targets
- 50% employer paid comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, insurance)
- Generous annual leave package – 15 days (excluding NS/Canada bank holidays) increasing 1 extra working day per year of full time service to the company, to a maximum of 25 working days after 10 years of service.
If you think you’re the perfect fit for our team, please apply now!
Email CV and cover letter to Darren@sonanano.com