We are looking for a Product Marketing Specialist to join our Marketing & Business Development team. This position in partnership with the team will create quality marketing programs that support the company’s sales efforts and drive growth.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Business Development, the Product Marketing Specialist co-defines and plans product lines and product enhancements in conjunction with cross-functional team members. You will monitor commercial trends to recommend best methods to make the product or service marketable and profitable. You will conduct data analysis and meet with relevant stakeholders to determine the best strategies to position products in the market place.
This role is intended to be developmental, leading to possible advancement opportunities within Product Management.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
- Contributing to development teams (primarily Development and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract and positioning
- Implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Preparing product forecasts, and constantly monitoring inventory levels held including working with production to ensure supply
- Designing and managing market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions
- Assisting with the development of the annual marketing plan and supporting advertising, promotion and sales materials
- Reviewing product data to ensure that those in the field are kept up to date on new developments regarding the company’s or competitors’ products
- Understands the role of blood and blood products in the health sector for a range of clinical conditions
- Analyzes performance and effectiveness of operational activities at a national level for assigned products
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Mitigates risks as part of the product planning process (quality)
- Communicating with customers, audiences/stakeholders
- Deep understanding of product specifications and benefits
- Knowledge of the business and commercial market for blood products
- Project management
- University degree or related discipline (i.e. Marketing or Business)
- MBA an asset
- Technical experience in hemostasis industry
- Minimum 3 years experience marketing technical products
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your résumé in confidence, along with compensation expectations.