We are seeking a Product Manager to join our Marketing & Business Development team. This role will manage the entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. This role is critical in developing better products, more satisfied customers and sustainable business growth.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Business Development, the Product Manager will define and plan product lines and product enhancements in conjunction with cross-functional team members. You will monitor commercial trends to determine the best methods to make the product or service marketable or profitable. You will conduct data analysis and meet with relevant stakeholders to determine the best strategies to position products in the market place.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract and positioning
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Managing the product and respective portfolio of products throughout the product lifecycle from planning to execution, in support of organizational strategy and objectives
- Preparing product forecasts, and constantly monitoring inventory levels held including working with production to ensure supply
- Designing and managing market research projects to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions
- Assisting with the development of the annual marketing plan and providing support for advertising, promotion and sales materials
- Providing the marketing and sales teams with the necessary technical expertise to enable them to market the product. This involves printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant clinical papers.
- Reviewing product data to ensure that those in the field are kept up to date on new developments regarding the company’s or competitors’ products
- Understands the role of blood and blood products in the health sector for a range of clinical conditions
- Analyzes performance and effectiveness of operational activities at a national level for assigned products
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impact
- Mitigates risks as part of the product planning process (quality)
- Communicating with customers, audiences/stakeholders
- Deep understanding of product specifications and benefits
- Knowledge of the business and commercial market for blood products
- Project management
- University degree focused on Marketing or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- MBA an asset
- 5+ years experience marketing technical products
- Technical experience in hemostasis industry
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your résumé in confidence, along with compensation expectations.