The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency is a federal government agency that works to create opportunities for economic growth in Atlantic Canada by helping businesses become more competitive, innovative and productive, by working with diverse communities to develop and diversify local economies, and by championing the strengths of Atlantic Canada. Together, with Atlantic Canadians, we are building a stronger economy.
With our many partners in economic development, ACOA works to strengthen the Atlantic economy through:
• Enterprise development – helping improve the business climate and lending a hand for individual business start ups, modernizations and expansions.
• Community development – working with communities to nurture economic growth, improve local infrastructure and develop opportunities in the local economy.
• Policy, advocacy and co-ordination – being a champion for Atlantic Canada by representing the region’s interests at the national level in areas like policy development, research and analysis and in work with other departments to ensure coordination of policies and programs.
ACOA puts special emphasis on initiatives that foster:
• Greater productivity
• The commercialization of innovative technologies
• Improved global competitiveness
• Skills development
ACOA continues to play an essential role in the co-ordination and development of the Atlantic Gateway and lead trade development initiatives that increase the exposure of Atlantic Canadian firms in foreign markets, thereby generating new economic opportunities.
1801 Hollis St.
P.O Box 2284, Station C
- 902.426.6743 – Phone
- 902.426.2054 – Fax
- Appili Raises $3.2M in Seed Round To Develop Novel Antibiotics
- Canadian Innovation News: What makes Atlantic Canada a hotbed for bio and life sciences?
- MEDIA RELEASE: BioNova Launches BioInnovation Challenge for Early Stage Life Sciences Companies
- News Release ACOA: Windsor Expansion Helps BioVectra Meet Global Market Demand
- News Release: Government of Canada Invests in Research to Advance Patient Care
- What does innovation mean to you?