Appili Therapeutics is developing novel approaches to lead the fight against infectious disease. Despite numerous achievements in the development of anti-infectives, infectious disease remains the leading cause of death worldwide. Many pathogens are becoming increasingly resistant to standard anti-infectives, making treatment difficult or even impossible. The emergence and spread of deadly viruses and antimicrobial resistant bacteria and parasites remain critical threats to human health.
Antimicrobial resistance is one of the most urgent health care issues today, driven by the overuse and improper use of antibiotics and anti-infectives. While historically there have many alternative antibiotics available for treatment of bacterial infections, today the development of antibiotics has slowed dramatically. Many infections acquired in hospitals are caused by bacteria that are resistant to at least one commonly used drug therapy and are associated with lengthier hospital stays, very high costs of treatment and an increased incidence of mortality. Appili Therapeutics is developing novel strategies to bring new classes of antibiotics and anti-infectives to the clinic to improve treatment and health of patients suffering from infection.
Kevin Sullivan, CEO
- Appili Raises $3.2M in Seed Round To Develop Novel Antibiotics
- Appili Receives FDA and Health Canada Clearance to Begin Clinical Trials of its Antibiotic Oral Liquid Reformulation
- Appili Receives Orphan Drug Designation from FDA for ATI-1501: Treating C. difficile in Children
- Appili Therapeutics Awarded $2.8M From ACOA to Fund Clinical Trials
- Appili Therapeutics Channeling Funds into Drug Discovery
- Appili Therapeutics Inc. Appoints Industry Veteran Stephen Nicolle to its Board
- Appili Therapeutics Raises $3M to Advance Its Anti-Infective Pipeline
- Appili Therapeutics Receives $1.2M USD from the Department of Defense to Advance Antibiotic Targeting Drug-Resistant Bacteria
- Appili Therapeutics to present at the Bloom Burton & Co. Healthcare Investor Conference
- Appili Therapeutics: Providing Novel Agents for the Treatment of Infectious Disease
- ENTREVESTOR: Appili To Work on Anti-Bioterror Vaccine
- News Release: Appili Therapeutics Raises $2.2M in Equity Capital to Develop Its Anti-Infective Pipeline
- News Release: Appili Therapeutics Receives Funding from the Government of Canada to Support Development of New Antibiotic To Treat Gram-Negative Infections