Nature’s Way of Canada wants you to join our growing company and talented team! Nature’s Way is known world-wide as a leading provider of high-quality natural medicines and nutritional supplements, including an expansive line of herbs, omega-3 oils, probiotics, and coconut oil. We are currently searching for a results focused, detail-oriented and professional Quality Assurance Specialist, based out of our head office in Dartmouth, NS, with direct experience in quality assurance. Nature’s Way is known world-wide as a leading provider of the highest quality natural medicines and nutritional supplements.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Quality and responsibilities include effective use and maintaining current Quality Systems and provide input for QA improvement initiatives. These systems include Quality Records, S.O.P. Program and Training, Change Control, QA Inspections, File Review and Approval, Monitoring Programs and Export Documentation. There is a strong focus on GMP, using proper documentation, records and procedures.
This position requires the ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative, and the ability to work co-operatively with other staff members including those in technical quality, production, research, supply chain and regulatory affairs.
Maintaining, Coordinating, and Managing Quality
- Co-ordinate and manage S.O.P. program, ensuring that all S.O.P.s are current and compliant. Work with system owners to develop and maintain current and new procedures, tracking approvals and training.
- Manage change control program for products and processes and document change control program for S.O.P.s, production documents and specifications.
- Maintain master and controlled copies of S.O.P.s, production documents and specifications.
- Maintain Quality records, including files for production, raw materials, packaging materials, validation, stability data, change control, monitoring programs and training.
- Verify batch formula for accuracy of theoretical potency, document versions and lot number and expiry date assignment.
- Work with regulatory affairs and technical quality to coordinate supporting documentation for site registrations and for specific customer requirements.
- Request CFIA certificates or other documentation for export of product, as required.
- Provide back-up and support for the Technical Quality Manager and Senior Manager, Quality during times of vacations or absence from the office.
- Perform inventory transfers in Great Plains inventory management system and apply approved status stickers. Utilize Great Plains to retrieve other information related to Quality as required. Perform inventory transfers in SAP for DC locations.
- May include other duties as assigned from time to time.
Reviewing, Investigating, and Auditing Quality
- Aid in investigations regarding Deviations with Product Quality Issues.
- Review and maintain records for temperature data recorders within Production and warehouse facilities.
- Review and Approve document changes such as but not limited to Production Documents, Forms and SOPs.
- When required, under the direction of the Senior Manager, Quality, represent the company in external audits. Maintain a professional working relationship with local and national CFIA and NNHPD.
- Complete sensory evaluations on finished product, raw materials and for sensory panels, as required.
- Provide support and back-up to Quality Assurance Technicians, performing in-process inspections.
- Complete file review and approval for Raw Materials and Finished Products for product release.
- Review protocols for process and equipment validation to ensure consistency and reliability in all production activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Technical diploma or Bachelor of Science degree majoring in chemistry, food science, biology or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Quality role in a regulated industry, such as food or natural health products.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
- Experience with preparing and reviewing technical documentation, such as S.O.P.s, production records and validation reports.
- Proven ability to coach and assist system owners with procedures and documents to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience with managing and maintaining Quality documents and records.
- Experience with change control management programs would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
It is Nature’s Way of Canada’s philosophy to inspire and promote a physically and emotionally healthy workforce. To enhance the health of each Associate and their families, we’ve created an environment to foster our philosophy. All eligible Associates receive:
- Competitive pay and paid time off
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan for Associates and their families
- Wellness initiatives that promote a healthy lifestyle
- A Group RRSP plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Opportunities
- Educational assistance and ongoing training
If you have been consistently recognized for having an outstanding passion and drive for results and you are interested in making a sizeable contribution to an industry leader with your skills and proven experience, please apply for this position by sending your cover letter and resume, quoting your full name and competition number NWC1703 in the subject line, to CareersCanada@naturesway.com.
This posting will close Thursday April 27th, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Nature’s Way of Canada. We will contact those applicants chosen for an interview.