Communications and Event Coordinator (Charlottetown, PEI)
Natural Products Canada (NPC) is a national not-for-profit corporation with a vision to help Canada flourish as the Silicon Valley of natural products. We work with a diverse array of collaborators across the country and around the world to provide information, introductions and investment that helps Canadian companies get their naturally-derived products to market.
We are seeking an energetic and organized individual to fill the important new role of Communications and Event Coordinator (CEC). Reporting to the VP Communications and Stakeholder Relations, and situated in Charlottetown, PEI, the CEC will be part of a dynamic, passionate team that is always looking for powerful ways to help the ecosystem grow. The CEC is responsible for implementing many of NPC’s key outward-facing communications activities to raise the profile of the whole industry.
The ideal candidate is a recent grad of a marketing, communications/PR, or journalism program, or has two years relevant experience. The CEC must have the ability to articulate complex ideas succinctly and clearly, and demonstrate a combination of creativity, critical thinking and sensitivity to industry issues and opportunities.
- Manage and maintain NPC’s online presence including web updates, social media, and e-newsletters
- Suggest and develop opportunities for strategic content development
- Manage and maintain media calendar, NPC communications material library, and distribution lists
- Support the creation and promotion of educational programs such as webinars and workshops
- Monitor media and industry publications for relevant news, events and issues of relevance to NPC and its stakeholders
- Manage operational and administrative aspects of events and meetings to support NPC objectives, including identifying and negotiating with venues and suppliers, managing event logistics, attendee registration, billing, on-site organization and other related activities
- Support the development of reports, presentations and other documents as required
- Assist the CEO and other team members with various tasks as needed
Experience and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including proofreading and editing
- Highly organized and familiar with systems for managing time, projects and contacts
- Demonstrated experience in managing numerous, complex tasks with multiple deadlines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Self-starter who is willing to work independently yet collaboratively to support the overall objectives of NPC
- Ability to travel as necessary (2-4 times per year)
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications/PR or journalism, or minimum of two years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in social media platforms, MS Office, and familiarity with database management
Interested individuals are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, November 23rd, 2018.
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.