People and Culture (P&C) …that’s what our Human Resources team lives and breathes. Being a part of the P&C Team means you get to work with a highly-motivated, highly-talented group of individuals all while having a huge impact on the people and the culture within Acadian Seaplants. We’re never satisfied with “that’s the way it’s always been done”, we consider ourselves trailblazers that challenge the status-quo with the common goal of building our company into one of the most desirable places to work.
We aren’t your typical HR team, so if you’re looking for an all-business kind of squad, steer clear. There are no egos here. Teamwork and an expectation to push the envelope is the name of the game. We work hard and are proud of how we influence and support our talented people each and every day.
The Manager, Training & Development drives our learning culture from the ground up promoting internal development. You will both create and facilitate the creation of our curriculum and ensure our knowledge-hungry staff has ready access. You will focus on the development of our awesome people and teams; we have world-leading professionals counting on your support to propel them to the next level. In short, all eyes are on you to deliver!
Ultimately, our Manager has to be driven to build learning excellence and is excited about the concept of creating a learning culture.
- Perform needs analysis to ensure that training and development resources exist, and are developed to support learning needs based on competencies, organization changes, and other external factors. Devise an overall training strategy – think mad scientist laboratory!
- Design and implement tools to enhance the knowledge and capability of key talent to enable these managers to effectively lead the organization toward achievement of business objectives.
- Partner with P&C and business leaders to identify development, career paths and learning needs for the business and identify best resources to achieve success.
- Understand our complex company and how you contribute to its master plan – know your role!
- Assess and develop succession planning for identified critical positions as defined by Sr. Management – cloning might not be an option…
- Monitor and manage internal Learning Management System (LMS) and other training systems, and advise on system performance; publish statistics regarding performance against set goals. Track participant enrolment, progress and marks.
- Assess the return on investment of any training or development program to ensure maximum benefit to employees and the organization.
- Manage and keep within established training budgets – we’re definitely not nickel and diming when it comes to our people’s development, but let’s be reasonable!
- Produce and deliver training materials for in-house courses when required and ensure that statutory training requirements are being met.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate certificate in Human Resources Management or Education with focus on curriculum development or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the right role; assessing training needs, creating or sourcing training materials to fulfill those needs, and delivering training (or someone ready to take off their training wheels and drive their own initiative).
- Experience working with an LMS and building an online training presence from the ground up; you know how to motivate and drive your audience/clients in ongoing learning and can develop a continuous learning culture.
- Able to conduct training gap analyses and custom-fit training materials around individual needs.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Office Suite and an ability to adapt to and quickly learn new software.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Motivated individual, energetic, goal-oriented with proven initiative.
- A dynamic facilitator with the ability to adjust communication styles depending on the audience.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Experience herding cats is considered an asset.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, we’d like to meet you. To further explore this opportunity, just submit your application to email@example.com
For additional information about an Atlantic Canadian company that has built a worldwide business in highly specialized and innovative sectors, please visit our new website at www.acadianseaplants.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.