Halifax, Nova Scotia
Immunovaccine Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to making immunotherapy more effective, more broadly applicable, and more widely available to people facing cancer and infectious diseases. Immunovaccine develops T cell activating cancer immunotherapies and infectious disease vaccines based on DepoVax™, the Corporation’s patented platform that provides controlled and prolonged exposure of antigens and adjuvant to the immune system. Immunovaccine has advanced two T cell activation therapies for cancer through Phase 1 human clinical trials and is currently conducting a Phase 1b study with Incyte Corporation and a phase 2 study with Merck assessing lead cancer therapy, DPX-Survivac, as a combination therapy in ovarian cancer.
As a key member of the Administrative team, the Administrative Assistant will report to the Manager, HR & Administration and assume a key role in the support function of the company. The Administrative Assistant will accept requests and direction from Immunovaccine staff; working with multiple and potentially competing priorities will be commonplace. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, both written and oral, and be very organized. This role will include travel arrangements; first point of contact for the company; preparing correspondence, courier packages, and reports; ensuring adequate supplies are on hand; coordinating room bookings and will be responsible for general tidiness of the corporate office space.
- Greet all incoming guests, act as the point of contact for building personnel.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents from notes
- Respond to telephone, in-person or electronic enquiries or forward to the correct person
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing, and filing
- Prepare all outgoing courier packages and coordinate with appropriate mail/ courier provider
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically.
- Update incoming corporate and lab phone directories, record phone directory listings if changes are required.
- Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, locate and retrieve documents from file as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as required and arrange for servicing of office equipment. Ensure timely delivery and ensure best price from vendors when appropriate.
- May perform basic bookkeeping tasks, as assigned
- Make travel arrangements for team members and organize incoming visitor’s agenda; Conference registrations, flights, hotels, car service, restaurant/ lunch/ dinner arrangements.
- Coordinate internal and external meeting rooms/ events.
- May sort, process and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- May organize the flow of work for other office workers
- Register for upcoming conferences which includes registering and completing online application, making hotel and flight arrangements, and adding conference details to the Events page on Immunovaccine’s website.
- Assist in ordering business cards, posters for conferences, etc. and ensures they arrive to their appropriate locations. Research different printing options and locations to ensure the lowest cost for the best product.
- Assists in arranging employee events: employee birthdays; send out calendar invites for employee Lunch & Learns; pot lucks; etc. Order food and ensure all AV requirements are at each meeting.
- Assist Financial Department with COSO cheque requirements
- Responsible for organizing and managing monthly Employee celebrations and events
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- At least 2- 3 years of relevant administrative experience, with 3 – 5 years’ experience being preferred.
- A completed post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field; preference given to a candidate with a Bachelor of Business Administration or Diploma in Office Administration/ Medical Administration or Hospitality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Outlook calendar)
- Exceptionally well-developed time management skills and experience planning/ scheduling with Outlook Calendar.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritize, excellent organization skills.
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to effectively with multiple personalities
- Detail oriented and the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- The ideal candidate will be able to work independently (with maturity, autonomy and initiative) and integrity
- Be a positive, personable, outgoing and friendly team member
The preferred candidate will also:
- Have document management experience
- Experience with WordPress and Social Media (professionally)
- Work well under pressure
- Keep an air of common sense, bring energy and drive to the role.
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment
Our head office is on Summer Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia and we have an office in Quebec City, Quebec. This role will work out of our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The normal work week is 35 hours, core hours being 9 am – 5 pm. This role will rarely see early mornings or weekend work, however, some extended hours may be possible on occasion, depending on the project underway at the time. You will work in an office environment at a desk. You will sit for most of your day, however there is walking (up to 25%) and some lifting involved (up to 25lbs). Distance travel is not expected for this position; however, there will some local errands, inclusive of professional development opportunities, we expect less than 10%.
Salary and Benefits:
This will be a salaried position. Please indicate clearly on your application your desired salary for this role.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. Immunovaccine offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, annual bonuses and cost of living increases to eligible employees.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the “Apply Now” button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role, and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered until the competition close date of August 13th, 2017 at midnight.
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
** The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check before their start date.