Research Associate – Formulation
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Immunovaccine is looking for a Research Associate – Formulation to join their team. The major responsibilities include but not limited to liposomes/nanoparticles preparation for new and existing DepoVaxTM vaccine formulations. Support pre-clinical, toxicology and stability testing research work by providing the necessary DepoVaxTM vaccine formulations. Manage manufacturing supplies procurement which includes clinical kit components and shipping of DepoVaxTM vaccine formulations to external collaborators and clinical sites.
We like to set big goals for ourselves and grow every year, we also like to have fun and enjoy regular team events throughout the year.
- Formulate sterile freeze dried liposomes/nanoparticles based vaccine products for pre-clinical (both internal and external projects) and toxicology research in accordance with FDA GLP/GMP environment.
- Support product development and cross functional teams for all active projects with liposomes preparation, freeze-drying, balance/pH meter calibration, autoclaving of manufacturing glassware’s, buffer preparation and vaccine reconstitution as needed.
- Procure and maintain in-house inventory for manufacturing and clinical trial supplies.
- Record all raw data and document day to day activities, computer/instrument generated data in lab notebook as per good documentation practice.
- Prepare formulation batch records, other technical documents, protocols, SOP’s as required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate computer skills and to learn new software programs in the related area.
- B.Sc. /M.Sc. in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Biochemistry or with pharmaceutical sciences background
- 2-3 years experience in pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry required, 3 – 5 years preferred.
- Prior experience in liposomes based product development and distribution of finished products is highly desirable.
- Experience in peptide/protein based product development is highly preferred.
- Experience handling shipments and procurement of manufacturing supplies is a must.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), FDA and Health Canada regulations and guidelines
- Hands on experience in operating/Trouble shooting and maintenance of manual and C5 extruder for liposomes preparation.
- Experience in handling Silverson homogenizer, bench top autoclave and Freeze-dryer.
- Experience in sterile filtration of liposomes and aseptic filling are highly required.
- Ability to characterize liposomes and freeze-dried vaccine formulations using Dynamic light scattering particle size analyzer, KF titrators, viscometers etc as per USP compendia methods/in-house methods
- Knowledge of computers is essential (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and laboratory software packages)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing work plans, schedules and deadlines • Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing work plans, schedules and deadlines
- HPLC experience and sterility test methods are preferred
Our Corporate office and Laboratory is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our core hours will be primarily 9 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday but as the role grows, there may periodically be some tasks that are required outside of these hours. You will work in both an office and laboratory environment. You will report to a member of the Manufacturing team.
Salary and Benefits:
This will be a salaried position.
The salary range for this position is $35,000-$45,000 per annum. Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate. Immunovaccine offers paid vacation, excellent health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, annual bonuses and cost of living increases to eligible employees.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the “Apply Now”.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Closing date: Friday March 24th, 2017
It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants.
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
**Applications will only be accepted thru the method outlined above.
*** The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check before their start date.