Laboratory Services professional
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Immunovaccine is looking for a Laboratory Coordinator to assume administrative responsibilities for all laboratories at Immunovaccine. Research at Immunovaccine is conducted in molecular biology, immunology and analytical chemistry. Some research activities are conducted following GMP guidelines, and the company has a commitment to quality for all research. The candidate will coordinate with different teams to ensure lab reagents are ordered and received, inventories are maintained, equipment is monitored and maintained. The candidate will also be involved in preparing shipments of raw materials, clinical ancillary supplies, reference standards, stability samples to contractors and collaborators, as well as tracking shipments. The successful candidate will assist in QA functions, such as IQ/OQ execution for equipment and software, participation in CAPA and OOS documentation, and assisting the QA unit in maintaining up-to-date SOP binders. Will be responsible for general lab activities, including safety inspections and filling the role of Biosafety officer for biohazard level 2 lab.
- Obtaining quotes and generating purchase orders for lab supplies
- Preparing and tracking shipments to collaborators and contract labs
- Maintaining reagent and materials inventory using electronic database (FreezerPro)
- Maintaining and monitoring critical equipment and storage units (incubators, freezers etc.)
- Reviewing completed studies for accuracy and completion
- QA activities such as IQ/OQ of equipment and software, documentation and remediation of CAPA and OOS, updating SOP binder
- General lab activities (safety inspections, waste management, autoclaving equipment)
- Ability to engage in a dynamic work environment by demonstrating flexibility and effective communication
- Demonstrated time management and organizational aptitude
- Completed a related post-secondary degree or diploma
- 2 -5 years experience in a Research lab
- Must have experience working in academic, clinical lab or industry lab settings
- Working knowledge of GMP/ GLP guidelines
- Experience managing lab activities in a variety of lab settings
- Knowledge of molecular biology, immunology, analytical chemistry methodologies
- Documentation skills (lab notebooks, SOPs)
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality and adherence to SOPs
- Experience in a biotechnology setting preferred
- Experience with QMS systems preferred
You will work on Summer Street in Halifax. Hours will be primarily 9 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday but as the role grows, there may periodically be some tasks that are required outside of these hours. You will work in a lab environment, there will be sitting and standing required as part of this position. You will report to the Director of Research. Travel is not expected for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This will be a salaried position.
$40,000 – $45,000 per annum with room to grow and possibility for promotion with time.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate. Immunovaccine offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, annual bonuses and cost of living increases to eligible employees.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the “Apply Now” button or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role. There will be a small testing requirement as part of the interview process.
Closing date: Friday April 7th, 2017
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
** The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check before their start date.