Would you enjoy a fast paced, process design focused engineering role that’s both challenging and rewarding? Interested in working for an industry leader that values safety, sustainability, and employee development? If you’re an experienced Process Engineer within the food, pharma, or specialty chemical industry– this could be the perfect match for you!
This role is located at a production facility in the town of Mulgrave, Nova Scotia. Mulgrave is a charming little town on the Strait of Canso located immediately across from the town of Port Hawkesbury and on the doorstep of the world-famous Cabot Trail. Mulgrave is one of many picturesque communities within the broader “Strait Area” where many of our employees reside. In addition to Port Hawkesbury, some of the Strait Area’s beautiful surrounding communities include the town of Antigonish, the town of Guysborough, and the village of St. Peters.
The Position – Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initialize and manage improvements to product and process on site to reduce costs, improve asset utilization and develop site in accordance with business requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process or operational improvement; focus is on cost reduction, improved asset utilization and site development.
- Per site priorities, develop and execute projects. Projects will be managed in compliance with SHE, cGMP and good engineering practices. Responsibilities will include design, costing, budget, scheduling, construction oversight, commissioning and handover to the end user.
- Support to other departments, including Production, Quality Assurance, and Safety Health and Environment.
- Supports plant and corporate initiatives as outlined in the manufacturing plan.
- Participate in or lead Process Safety studies and Risk Assessments.
- Support and contribute to the DICI (DSM Integrated Continuous Improvement) program
- B.Sc. in an Engineering discipline – preferably Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Process analysis, modelling and design skills.
- Project Management Skills
- Advisory skills
- Knowledge of production processes and unit operations
- Knowledge of Process Safety and Risk Assessment.
- Knowledge of relevant Manufacturing Excellence work processes such as Improve Plant or equivalent
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement practices preferred.
- 3+ years of engineering experience including Process Design and Project Management preferred.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact:
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your Resume and Cover letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers).
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.