BioVectra Inc. is a contract manufacturing company proudly located in Atlantic Canada, and recognized as one of the top employers in the region. With three well-established locations in Prince Edward Island, BioVectra has expanded operations to a new facility in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
As a contract manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, BioVectra works on innovative projects with companies from around the globe, and we need highly skilled individuals like you to improve and perfect both new and established microbial and chemical processes. Whether you are a recent graduate looking to transition and grow your skills in the workforce, or an experienced professional in your field looking for a new career opportunity, your skills and education will make you an invaluable member of our team as we start up operations and grow our business in Nova Scotia.
BioVectra Inc. has multiple available positions for Production Shift Supervisors. These are permanent, full-time positions located in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
Production Shift Supervisors are responsible for:
- Day to day leadership of a team of Manufacturing Production Technicians, including time management in the Human Resources Information System software.
- Training of new employees and grooming of SMEs for specific processes.
- Hands-on operation of physical and automated equipment to perform Microbial Fermentations and Purifications.
- Controlling processes and trouble-shooting from process start-up to shutdown, including unit operations of microbial growth, expression, recovery, filtration, and purification.
- Providing feedback to their manager on procedural and process improvements.
- Performing and coordinating In-process testing, including pH, conductivity, spectrophotometry, osmometry, densitometry, etc.
- Writing manufacturing work instructions, training procedures, departmental procedures, and SOPs.
- Actively participating in BioVectra’s quality management system by complying with safety requirements, GMP/GDP, SOP, hazardous materials and manufacturing documentation.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Post-secondary diploma in an applicable area of study
- Minimum one year of supervisorial work experience or minimum four years direct work experience in a field related to GMP BioPharma.
- Industrial experience in a pharma and GMP facility an asset.
- Ability to coordinate a small team of technicians in day to day work activities, work independently, and communicate effectively in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, and written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts, required to use a respirator, and able to lift up to 25 kg.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending their application to BVI-HR@biovectra.com, and referencing the job code: 00102.