BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an opening for a Process Transfer Chemist. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Prince Edward Island, Canada
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Carrying out the chemistry steps for the production of small scale pharmaceutical products according to approved procedures.
• Performing the work according to cGMP’s. (documentation, sample submission, labeling, equipment use and cleaning)
• Taking ownership over the process suites assigned to this work and ensure the area and equipment are compliant with all SOP’s. To provide feedback to management for improvement of the work spaces to increase overall work quality, safety and efficiency.
• Communicating with the supply chain group to ensure material inventories are accurate, materials are staged and withdrawn accurately from inventory and to provide notices for update of the bill of materials for the process.
• Writing process/batch summary reports for internal and external use. Analyzing and reviewing process data and supply reports for scale-up, process control, and annual reviews.
• Performing process development work according to all R&D departmental SOPs for documentation, safety, inventory, etc.
• Taking ownership of the life cycle for Batch Production Records.
• Performing rotating shift work as required during peak production periods
The successful candidate for this position should have:
• Bachelor of Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred.
• M.Sc. in synthetic organic chemistry an asset.
• Chemical Engineering considered an asset.
• One year of industrial experience an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of analytical methodology.
• Familiarity with computer word processing and spreadsheet software.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” button.
Closing Date: January 3rd, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.