BioVectra Inc. is a contract manufacturing company proudly located in Atlantic Canada, and recognized as one of the top employers in the region. With three well-established locations in Prince Edward Island, BioVectra has expanded operations to a new facility in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
As a contract manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, BioVectra works on innovative projects with companies from around the globe, and we need highly skilled individuals like you to improve and perfect both new and established microbial and chemical processes. Whether you are a recent graduate looking to transition and grow your skills in the workforce, or an experienced professional in your field looking for a new career opportunity, your skills and education will make you an invaluable member of our team as we start up operations and grow our business in Nova Scotia.
BioVectra Inc. has a position available for a Pharmaceutical Process Engineer. This is a permanent, full-time position located in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
Pharmaceutical Process Engineers are responsible for:
- Tracking and monitoring process metrics and identifying continuous improvement areas.
- The process, equipment, and engineering improvements and modifications to existing manufacturing equipment.
- The design, procurement, installation, commissioning and qualification of new pharmaceutical processes and equipment.
- Designing and procuring new process and utility equipment, conferring with vendors, and evaluating products according to quality standards.
- Prioritizing and executing assigned project deliverables.
- Preparing and executing commissioning and qualification protocols.
- Startup of new process equipment and instrumentation.
- Developing and updating AutoCAD drawings, including review/edit of “As Built” drawings in coordination with outside contractors.
- Participating in project meetings between engineering, manufacturing, and client.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years’ work experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing or similar regulated environment.
- Possesses financial acumen, understands business metrics, and how to impact results.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Basic understanding of codes and regulatory standards.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Energetic team player with the ability to work independently.
- Project management experience an asset.
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending their application to BVI-HR@biovectra.com, and referencing the job code: 00103.