BioVectra Inc. is a leading bio-science business in Prince Edward Island, focused on contract manufacturing and product development of active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical intermediates, and bioreagents.
BioVectra Inc. has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician. This is a permanent, full time position, located in Windsor, Nova Scotia.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing corrective and preventative maintenance on process and facility equipment.
- Inspecting, repairing, rebuilding or replacing various pump types, gear reducers & drives, motor alignments, shaft seals, bearings/belts, piping/valves/fittings.
- Installing and/or relocating of process & utility equipment (electrical/mechanical /instrumentation/plumbing) to meet process changes of the facility.
- Analytical troubleshooting, detecting irregularities in equipment, and repairing mechanical related breakdowns identifying the root cause, and addressing the problem effectively.
- Becoming sufficiently familiar with the operation of all plant equipment so that the identification of any malfunction is possible. Providing quick and innovative solutions to equipment and process malfunctions.
- Utilizing knowledge and skill to recognize opportunities for improvement and savings.
- Maintaining a preventative maintenance program for plant equipment, updating maintenance records in CMMS/source information from CMMS and other information system throughout the facility, completing equipment repair histories and spare parts consolidation.
- Performing work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards, and quality requirements, adhering to all BioVectra Standard Operating Procedures, to meet and exceed regulatory standards.
- Working independently and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and skill sets for staff development.
The successful candidate for this position should have:
- Diploma from a Mechanical or Electrical trade program or engineering technician program.
- Industrial millwright with 3-5 years maintenance experience in an industrial or regulated production facility, or other trade with similar experience.
- Solid understanding of Standard Operating/Work Procedures as part of the principles of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Willing and able to work shift work (days, nights), overtime, weekends, holidays
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and willing to work both as part of a group and independently
- Driven and continually demonstrates initiative.
- 4th class Power Engineer License would be considered an asset
BioVectra offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are asked to apply by choosing the “Apply Now” here.