Summary: Project Manager (2-year contract, full-time)
This position reports directly to the Director, Project Development.
Ideally, the position would work out of BioTalent Canada’s national offices in Ottawa, ON, but there could be flexibility on this point for the right candidate.
Scope of Position
This individual will be responsible for the planning, co-ordination and management of a national and regional labour market information (LMI) research project undertaken by BioTalent Canada. The project is national in scope and will generate granular bio-economy LMI and provide short, medium and long-term estimates of labour demand and supply within Canada’s bio-economy.
The Project Manager will manage all aspects of the project and ensure that all project deliverables are achieved on time and within approved budgetary parameters. The Project Manager may act as a liaison between BioTalent Canada and the advisory committees, managing a variety of consultants, tracking and monitoring project activities and budgets as well as filing quarterly reports throughout the life of the project.
- Design, manage and monitor project activities to ensure
projectmeets quality standards, deliverables and is on time and on budget.
- Develop and maintain a network of key stakeholders/contacts.
- Lead the process of contracting for consultant services (through competitive and federally-accepted procurement processes) and subsequent management of consultants.
- Ensure that all invoices pertaining to this project meet expenditure guidelines established by the Project Authority and within federal Treasury Board guidelines.
- Coordinate national and regional project advisory meetings.
- Work with the BioTalent Canada Marketing and Communications department to ensure adequate communications support to achieve project deliverables.
- Manage budgets, calculate and report cash and in-kind contributions.
- Ensure all parties and stakeholders are informed of project progress.
- Proactively identify risks and develop plans to mitigate risks/delays.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree, preferably in an HR, psychology, psychometric or scientific research discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience; Canadian Project Management Certification is a definite asset.
- Experience with public survey planning, implementation, statistical analysis and evaluation methodology is essential
- Familiarity with Labour Market data accumulation a definite asset
- CHRP designation is a definite asset
- Experience with federal government projects and Treasury Board guidelines is an asset
- Proven experience in the RFP and proposal evaluation process and managing external contractors.
- Proven experience in project budgeting and cash flow management.
- Analytical Report Writing experience essential.
- Experience in the delivery of presentations.
- Experience with psychometrics is a definite asset
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred.
- Project and people management.
- Strategic thinking.
- Labour Market statistical analysis and data accumulation skills
- Superior writing and communication abilities.
- Presentation skills
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- A well-developed sense of
humour(preferably quirky) is essential
About BioTalent Canada
BioTalent Canada is a national non-profit organization of innovators and thought leaders who assess and address the Human Resource needs of Canada’s bio-economy. BioTalent Canada anticipates needs and creates new opportunities, delivering human resources tools, information and skills development to ensure the industry has access to the most skilled people available. It accomplishes this by working with its Corporate Members, Partners, volunteers and government departments who support and fund specific short and long-term HR projects.
BioTalent Canada has built a solid team composed of high-performing individuals who have solidified its reputation as a leader in network and relationship-building, building credibility, innovation and excellence in Canada’s bio-economy.
BioTalent Canada offers a competitive and complete compensation package, commensurate with experience.
BioTalent Canada prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from ALLqualified candidates.
Interested individuals may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.