Athletigen is a user-focused business where education, awareness, and advancement of the field of personalized genetics are as important to us as great collaborative design solutions. We are seeking a Software Engineer (Full Stack) who is passionate about lean startup ideals and interested in helping us build innovative products that will reshape the world of sports genetics.
- Taking ownership and shipping entire features end to end.
- Work with the team improve code coverage for our codebase.
- Need to have Flexibility in work hours and tasks as we are at growth stage.
- Work closely with UX experts to create innovative technologies and application services to be consumed by the client tier.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field.
- Strong emphasis on writing unit and integration test.
- Experience designing and implementing well designed RESTful APIs.
- Excellent communication skills and proactiveness. Working proficiency in English.
- Worked with at least 1 database technology (preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Basic understanding of DevOps and Unix systems.
- Multi-year production experience building and maintaining Web applications and\or backend systems at scale (preferably Node.js)
- Experience with performing and automating systems builds, tests, and deployments across distributed systems
What We Offer:
We empower our employees to take independent initiative, to be creative with their problem solving and to be drivers of progress. We believe good ideas can come from anyone regardless of their background and experience level.
We offer a competitive salary, group health benefits and access to our Employee Share Option Plan. We have flexible work hours and holiday policy, and will supply you with a 13-inch Macbook Pro (retina).
Location: Toronto, ON or Vancouver, BC
Contact: Apply with cover letter & resume, including your github account & personal website link to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.