Athletigen is a user-focused business where education, awareness, and advancement of the field of personalized genetics are as important to us as great collaborative design solutions. Reporting to the Finance Manager, we are seeking a Junior Accountant who can support the Halifax team through effective management of financial accounts and ledgers.
- Reconciling accounts: Bank accounts, A/R, A/P, and prepaids
- Posting invoices and payments in accounting and filing systems
- Financial reporting as required
- Set-up & maintain schedules (amortization, prepaids)
- File organization
- Compiling and completing various forms for government grants and funding
- Assist with annual audits and tax returns
- Follow-up with team leads for expense approvals
- Strong interest in finance and accounting best practices
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong attention to detail and analytical insights
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Bachelor of Commerce (preferred) with a focus in Accounting or Finance OR
- Diploma in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting OR
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role
- Experience with Sage 50 is essential
- Can work in a confidential environment
What We Offer:
We empower our employees to take independent initiative, to be creative with their problem solving and to be drivers of progress. We believe good ideas can come from anyone regardless of their background and experience level.
We offer a competitive salary, group health benefits and access to our Employee Share Option Plan. We work in a bright, open environment in downtown Halifax, NS. The coffee is free everyday, breakfast provided Fridays, Fit 4 Less memberships and we have the requisite ping pong table.
Sound like a home for you? Please apply and help us accelerate discovery by delivering genetics to everyone.
Location: Halifax, NS
Contact: Please send cover letter & resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.