The Accounting Manager will assist and contribute to the overall operations of corporate accounting for Appili Therapeutics Inc, an early-stage biotechnology company focused on infectious diseases. The successful candidate will be involved in all accounting operations including transaction processing, internal controls, external reporting, accounting policy and other financial accounting compliance requirements.
The Accounting Manager is to perform daily and monthly accounting responsibilities, including: preparing appropriate journal entries and accruals, posting of payables and receivables, cash disbursements, reconciling accounts, preparing financial and management reports including for the board of directors, and supporting various projects and tasks taken on by the Chief Financial Officer.
Directly Responsible for the Following:
- Perform month-end procedures that include preparation of monthly reporting, account reconciliations and other duties as assigned.
- Posting of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoices and cash disbursements.
- Record G/L journal entries and accruals in a timely basis to meet regular business cycles for both weekly and monthly reporting, invoicing and reconciliation.
- Responsible for full payroll process including appropriate remittance to government agencies.
- Daily banking, cash flow reports and quarterly HST reporting.
- Preparation and tracking of government grants/loans claims.
- Prepare audit working papers to support audit and reconciliation requirements, as required.
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related areas
- 3-4 years senior level Accounting experience – Controller, Accounting Manager, Senior Staff Accountant or a related area is preferred.
- CPA or MBA is preferred.
- Experience with financial statements, journal entries and reconciliation
- Excellent detail, highly organized multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Simply Accounting software
- Team player, who loves to collaborate, but still has the ability to be self-directed
- Analytical skills, tenacity and problem solving capacities
Closing date: March 31, 2017