Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Alentic Microscience Inc. (Alentic) is developing a revolutionary new approach to medical diagnostics.
Alentic’s proprietary technologies are set to change medical diagnostics, making best-in-field capabilities available and affordable to anyone, anywhere in the world.
The Sr. Project Manager, Medical Device (Sr. PM) will arrive at a pivotal point in Alentic’s history and have an opportunity to play key role in mission-critical projects for the company. The Sr. PM will join a team working at the leading edge of lensless microscopy, in vitro diagnostics, computer vision, machine learning, biological assay development and engineering. Playing a facilitative project management role, the Sr. PM will have specific responsibilities to ensure the coordination of R&D efforts and the meeting of project / product milestones.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Risk Management
- Manage projects throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Implement detailed plans and recommend procedures for specific requirements.
- Establish and maintain successful partnerships with all team members.
- Manage project start-up timelines and management process.
- Prepare budgets, estimates, schedules, progress and monthly reports as required.
- Conduct project communication meetings, presentations and complete the associated documentation.
- Lead and mentor, as required, all project team members.
- Manage and monitor project resources.
- Manage and document project issues and risk mitigation through resolution.
- Independently manage multiple activities and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Oversee and evaluate work performance with respect to quality, timelines, and completion of required tasks and duties.
- Oversee the work performance of external service providers ensuring the work completed meets company standards and project specifications.
- Implement and complete quality assurance techniques throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Create documentation, forms, manuals, reports, data files, and procedures.
- Produce weekly activity summaries detailing progress.
- Initiate and monitor project risk management procedures.
- Ensure successful delivery of tasks and objectives keeping with budget, timelines and scope.
- Complete overall project planning, direction and guidance.
- Provide input into budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or a related field
- 8 years of work experience in project management with a focus in product development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management (strategic/tactical planning and implementation capabilities) coupled with strong technical and conceptual aptitude required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in new product development or commercialization, ideally in medical device, is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO13485 and US QSR 21 CFR, Part 820 Medical Devices, and basic understanding of the medical device and healthcare market preferred.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and the execution of project management methods.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel and/or other related tools for management of project plan, costs and schedule.
- Skills and ability to lead and mentor all project team members.
- Ability to estimate project resource requirements and staff to appropriate levels.
- Ability to independently manage multiple activities at different locations and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
Alentic Microscience Inc. offers highly competitive salary packages, a hugely enjoyable and supportive work environment, and significant career advancement opportunities, in a dynamic, attractive, human-scale urban environment within minutes of magnificent unspoiled seacoasts, lakes and rivers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years