Do people say “oh, wow” when you tell them what you do?
Do you want to work for a company with engaged and passionate employees who lean in everyday?
Now, imagine working for a company where you can positively impact the health and growth of all living things while protecting the environment.
That’s what the employees of Acadian Seaplants are proud to do each and every day.
For fourteen consecutive years, Acadian Seaplants Limited has secured the designation as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies! In fact, Acadian Seaplants has achieved Platinum Status for eight years running!
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Research & Development, Acadian Plant Health.
Why Acadian Seaplants Limited?
… People work here because they like it here!
- Acadian Seaplants Limited is a world leader in providing value-added marine plant-based products serving agricultural and food markets in over 80 countries worldwide.
- Acadian Seaplants has received government and industry recognition for its innovation and achievements in technology, environmental affairs, management, business ethics, safety and export excellence.
- Acadian Seaplants provides training and career advancement opportunities, and fosters a dynamic environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Acadian Seaplants offers a variety of group benefits that ensure the health, wellness and safety of its employees.
The VP, R&D, Acadian Plant Health leads the direction and activities in science and technology for Acadian Plant Health. S/he employs leadership, focus, and strategy to manage the science, technology and people within Acadian Plant Health Research & Development. The VP, R&D, Acadian Plant Health needs to be a hands-on scientist in fermentation technology and also create and execute the scientific direction for this division. It will be important to maintain contact with the scientific community internationally to stay current in the field and industry.
Halifax/Dartmouth Nova Scotia, Canada
The VP, R&D, Acadian Plant Health reports to the President, Acadian Plant Health. The VP, R&D, Acadian Plant Health manages a group of specialists that lead the following departments: Analytical Services, Formulation Research, Fermentation Innovation & Collaboration, and Commercial Science. Liaise with the Director, Corporate and Government Relations on government funding initiatives.
- Lead science and technology for Acadian Plant Health.
- Be a hands-on fermentation scientist to create innovation with seaweed technology.
- Identify, establish and execute a clear, strategic direction and focus for Acadian Plant Health R&D.
- Investigate research and recommend new opportunities to the President, Acadian Plant Health that are synergistic with the company’s existing operations.
- Develop and execute on an agreed upon list of operational priorities on a quarterly basis with the President, Acadian Plant Health.
- Apply scientific and technical knowledge to develop opportunities and resolve issues pertaining to productivity, quality and customer issues.
- Lead the team to identify new product ideas and communicate those ideas to the President, Acadian Plant Health.
- Work with the Director, Corporate and Government Relations to identify and secure government research funding to advance Acadian Plant Health strategic initiatives.
- Work with the Director, Corporate and Government Relations to identify Provincial, Canadian and International funding sources.
- Lead scientists to produce marketable information.
- Maintain the company’s position in the forefront of plant health research.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, Environmental Management and the Progressive Excellence Program by displaying the appropriate behaviours and leadership towards meeting the company’s objectives in these areas.
- PhD degree in Plant Science, Agriculture, Plant Physiology, Agronomy or related field is mandatory.
- Minimum 20 years global experience in Research and Development in the agriculture industry, with experience specifically in Plant Nutrition and/or Biostimulants
- Must have significant exposure to the Biological/Biostimulants industry
- Must have significant experience building and leveraging a Research and Development team
- Minimum 15+ years in a senior management capacity
- Must have multinational background with experience working and living in different geographic regions
- Multiple languages would be considered an asset
- Innovative, creative and results-driven leader
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team oriented environment
- Effective public speaking skills and presence
If this sounds like the next exciting and lasting chapter in your career, we encourage you to further explore this opportunity by submitting your application online at iflinn@Acadian.ca
For additional information about an Atlantic Canadian company that has built a worldwide business in a highly specialized and innovative sector, please visit our website at www.acadianseaplants.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.