The Acadian Seaplants (ASL) Information Technology Team is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Enterprise Architect to oversee and lead the implementation of software applications across our global organization. Know this is a challenging and rewarding role that will have you managing projects, creating and delivering business cases, and managing both up, down and across the organization to remove obstacles to achieve progress and success.
To be successful, you need the right combination of experience and knowledge of enterprise architecture. You need to be familiar with ERP and best practices for IT applications architecture, have experience with SAP Business One/HANA, strong project management skills and effective communication and relationship management skills. This role will give the right candidate a great opportunity to build upon their existing valuable skillset and make a lasting impact in our organization, while building a foundation for future growth. Does that sound like the right job for you? Keep reading!
The Key Technical Responsibilities:
The Sr. Enterprise Applications Architect and Manager (EAA) is directly responsible for the phased global implementation of SAP Business One ERP, the coordination of the in-house IT applications staff and Business Core Team, and the delivery of business requirements and adoption of best business practices, with efficient phased deployment across the global organization.
Ultimately, the EAA will be responsible for the planning, development, and management of all IT applications, application services and applications support throughout the global enterprise with a focus on in-market, seamless solutions
- Oversee the implementation, deployment and operation of all software applications across the organization for business needs.
- Oversee web-based application solutions, functionality and development.
- Assist Global IT Services Director with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning.
- Oversee project management for IT-related applications undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post mortems.
- Ensure that applicable project management practices are followed throughout project lifecycles.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget for technology, IT services, and personnel.
- Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases; oversee warranties and service agreements.
- Create and deliver business cases for technology acquisitions.
- Act as an advocate for the IT department and its initiatives.
- Evaluate and verify IT applications group performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Ensure proper security measures have been evaluated and implemented as indicated by company policy and/or best industry practices.
- Translate user needs into system requirements with demonstrated skill in presenting information in an effective and understandable manner.
- Coordinate with IT infrastructure and services group as needed to ensure on-going interfaces between systems remain stable during periods of upgrades and enhancements.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT-related information to management and peers.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of current technology by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technologies and attending trade-shows, technical seminars and training sessions.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, and Environmental Management by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership towards meeting the company’s objectives in these areas.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in computer science, MIS, or related field – or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum (10) years of direct work experience in an IT Applications Management capacity with experience in working with managed service partners.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Advanced overall knowledge of ERP and best practices for IT applications architecture.
- Familiarity with SAP, specifically SAP Business One / HANA
- Proficiency with best practices in IT applications security
- Experience maintaining relationships with software and security vendors
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills
- Experience managing budgets for an IT applications group and IT applications projects
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Any level of IIBA business analysis certification is an asset (CCBA, CBAP)
- Enterprise Architect Certification: CEA, CITA, SOA, Open CA or TOGAF is a strong asset
If this job sounds like it was made for you, we’d like to meet you. To further explore this opportunity, just submit your application to email@example.com.
Please quote competition number EAAM0719-CB when applying.
For additional information about an Atlantic Canadian company that has built a worldwide business in highly specialized and innovative sectors, please visit our new website at www.acadianseaplants.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.