Why Acadian Seaplants Limited?
… People work here because they like it here!
· Acadian Seaplants Limited is a world leader in providing value-added marine plant-based products serving agricultural and food markets in over 80 countries worldwide.
· Acadian Seaplants has received government and industry recognition for its innovation and achievements in technology, environmental affairs, management, business ethics, safety and export excellence.
· Acadian Seaplants provides training and career advancement opportunities, and fosters a dynamic environment of teamwork and collaboration.
· Acadian Seaplants offers a variety of group benefits that ensure the health, wellness and safety of its employees.
The Senior Manager of Engineering is responsible to identify and meet the current and future needs of a modern manufacturing and process establishment. Working in close collaboration with the VP of Manufacturing, the Engineering team, Plant Managers and the Manager of Operational Excellence, the Senior Manager of Engineering will play a critical role in setting the direction of the company’s engineering goals for the development of ASL’s engineering department by providing leadership, project management and hand on direction to the engineering team to ensure technology and equipment are optimized. Manage the engineering team to plan and execute projects effectively in operations to meet expectations and established timelines.
- Implement the defined strategic priorities of the engineering department. Lead the development of future considerations for the company in the aspects of manufacturing, capacity of the plants, resource harvesting and processing needs or improvement to guide the investment of capital. Keep the company’s interest at the leading edge of technology and direct the implementation of these advancements in all divisions.
- Oversight of engineering priorities all facilities with consideration to timelines, scalability, globalization, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with the Plant Managers, Manager of Health and Safety and VP of Manufacturing to ensure a high standard of safety, compliance are adhered to within the plant environment.
- Provide leadership and Project Management skills to the day to day priorities of the engineering department and promote effective communications between the Plant Managers and the engineers to ensure priority projects are being implemented with the safest, cost efficient and reliable designs possible.
- Mentor the engineering team to cultivate and foster energetic team-centric environment. Work with P&C to ensure the appropriate staff are hired and developed to fill the specialized engineering needs in all divisions.
- Provide leadership and oversight to key projects as identified in the strategic priri9ites or as assigned by the VP Manufacturing or work independently to achieve completion of assigned projects.
- Foster and demonstrate an environment of continuous improvement. Lead the engineering team to become innovative thinkers and early adopters of new technology.
- Develop strong relationships with external engineering consulting firms to ensure the opportunity to employ their expertise where required in order to attain the company’s goals in specific areas.
- Responsible to prepare and manage the annual capital expenditure budget for each division.
· BSc in Mechanical Engineering, with P.Eng Designation
· 15 years management experience and professional engineering experience in an industrial plant setting
· 7-10 years in management role
· Senior level leadership experience in project management is required
· Experience in automation and programming skills with RS Logix 5000 is considered an asset
· Advanced decision making skills and ability to operate independently
· Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project and computer aided design and other position related software
· Travel will be required to our facilities in NS, NB and Ireland; representing 40-50% travel