We are currently seeking a Regional Marketing Manager EMEA/CAM based in Dartmouth Nova Scotia Canada.
Why Acadian Seaplants Limited?
… People work here because they like it here!
· Acadian Seaplants Limited is a world leader in providing value-added marine plant-based products serving agricultural and food markets in over 80 countries worldwide.
· Acadian Seaplants has received government and industry recognition for its innovation and achievements in technology, environmental affairs, management, business ethics, safety and export excellence.
· Acadian Seaplants provides training and career advancement opportunities, and fosters a dynamic environment of teamwork and collaboration.
· Acadian Seaplants offers a variety of group benefits that ensure the health, wellness and safety of its employees.
The Regional Marketing Manager EMEA/CAM is responsible for planning, developing, reporting on, and supporting the design and execution of regional and local marketing plans that are focused on building awareness, demand and lead generation within key target markets of EMEA/CAM. The Regional Marketing Manager EMEA is also accountable for executing the Global APH brand strategy in the market as well as the current and future APH product line technical support overall development of products concepts and maintaining the integrity of APH global product technical positioning in the market. Key responsibilities include the scoping, sizing and prioritization of International market opportunities and threats; interpreting strategic Long Range plans from Acadian Plant Health Division in a regional, tactical context for EMEA/CAM; building a strategic and tactical regional marketing plan for EMEA/CAM in collaboration with their Sales team; and developing technical marketing materials, tools and other creative resources. Furthermore, the Regional Marketing Manager EMEA/CAM acts as a liaison between Head Office Marketing and the EMEA/CAM sales team to build sales, and foster marketing/sales alignment and efficient communication. The Regional Marketing Manager is also the point person to build relationships and implement cooperative marketing initiatives with key distributors and partners in the EMEA/CAM region.
- Establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies
- Provide leadership for the marketing processes and key marketing deliverables by designing and implementing effective and impactful international regional marketing plans that support Acadian Plant Health Division short and long term business objectives.
- Lead analysis to understand key EMEA/CAM market opportunities and threats, segment influencers, customer demographics, competitive assessments, and market needs.
- Manage the marketing budget for EMEA/CAM to develop local, tactical marketing initiatives following APH Global Brand Strategy Guidelines and policies.
- Ensure timely exchange of all fundamental, applied and field-practical research into the promotion of Acadian products, people, science and innovation in EMEA/CAM.
- Ensure competitive readiness by identifying market opportunities and risks in your market through ongoing research and provide suggested courses of action including industry & market trends, competitive products and materials and regulatory barriers and changes.
- Work as part of Cross Functional teams with key stakeholders from Global Branding and Communications, Regional Marketing counterparts from other markets and the Sales team to develop strong retention programs that focus on repeat business.
- Liaise with the Regulatory Specialist to facilitate a smooth entry into new identified EMEA/CAM markets by securing regulatory and trademark registrations in a proactive and timely manner. Identify, secure and maintain product registrations and certifications relevant to EMEA/CAM that support the company’s current and future competitive positions and that are approved by senior management.
- Liaise with Global Brand and Communications Team to develop, create, adjust and ensure that local campaigns in EMEA/CAM are optimally integrated across channels, reflects the company’s strategic imperatives and incorporate relevant messaging, content and value proposition into field-level programs for the EMEA/CAM sales team.
- Develop and implement technical marketing materials, product training and educational tools.
- Keep up-to-date on new developments and trends to understand customer and market needs for assigned products within EMEA/CAM.
- Develop product pricing and promotional programs.
- Gather and analyze market information and data, and in a consultative fashion, provide marketing expertise/best practices for pursuing the highest potential opportunities, reaching and being relevant to target audiences.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, Environmental Management and the Progressive Excellence Program by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership towards meeting the company’s objectives in these areas.
- Other Duties as Required.
- A University Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred) in Business Administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or Marketing
- Minimum 15 years of successful related business experience including Agriculture, Marketing and Sales industry experience with International Markets, specially in EMEA or Latin Markets.
- Must be well-accustomed with the EMEA/CAM territory, marketplace and culture.
- Proficiency in English is a must. Other languages like French, Spanish, Chinese would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work with business equipment and computer applications (i.e. windows, general office equipment, electronic mail, word processing software, spreadsheet software, database software etc.)
- Ability to supervise and manage one to two employees.
- Experience in all of the following areas of specialization: Business Planning, Project Management, Sales, Tactical and Strategic Marketing, and Budgeting.
- Strong cross-functional management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively utilize internal resources to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to listen and assess customer needs, prioritize needs/requirements, and communicate them cross-functionally.
- Excellent leadership, presentation, and negotiation skills to work effectively in driving a franchise and participating as a member of cross functional teams.
- Strong relationship building skills to constructively foster relationships internally and externally.
- High level of motivation with the ability to operate as an individual and team contributor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project).
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time cross-border throughout international markets in order to visit employees, customers, suppliers etc. Willingness to potentially travel overnight, weekends and holidays. Please note that travel expenses are paid by the employer.
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated success in marketing positions within the agriculture business would be considered as an asset.