The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for completing all tasks and assignments from the Crop / Regional Marketing Managers for the regions of LATAM 2 / EMEA / and APAC, in a timely manner. She/he supports actions and activities within Acadian Plant Health in the achievement of the company’s short and long-term sales volume and financial goals. The incumbent is responsible for assisting in the identification and development of new marketing tools, new market opportunities, and overall business strategies required to ensure delivery against the plan. The incumbent will possess a strong working knowledge of marketing principles and practices, be a task-oriented person to ensure initiatives are implemented on time and able to work effectively with other functional departments. This is a hands-on, developmental position.
- Complete all assignments, projects and tactics in the defined time and to the established standards.
- Develop, communicate and execute programs through internal and external resources that support the approved plans.
- Assist the Manager in identifying market opportunities and risks through on-going research and utilization of available information. Research will include industry, market and product trends, competitive products and materials, regulatory barriers, changes, etc.
- Drive corporate and brand awareness through the effective identification and use of external communication including mailer materials, print, radio, television, video, directories, tradeshows, direct mail, marketing material (corporate, sales or marketing specific), electronic portal pieces (testimonial and/or observational) etc.
- Work closely with the Crop / Regional Marketing Managers to develop customized and specific crop campaigns for each key country based on the LRPs and Regional Marketing Plans.
- Adapt existing marketing pieces for use in LATAM 2 / EMEA / and APAC as appropriate.
- Facilitate regulatory related projects.
- Manage LATAM 2 / EMEA / and APAC portal pages and end-users; set up new portal accounts as necessary.
- Assist the Crop / Regional Marketing Manager in the development and management of the LATAM 2 / EMEA / and APAC Marketing Budget and forecasts.
- Ensure marketing plan projects are delivered on budget and on time.
- Support existing day-to-day marketing requirements through timely communication and coordination of resources (internal & external).
- Support corporate culture, growth and development by working with management, colleagues and outside stakeholders in a supportive, honest and open manner. Strictly adhere to all corporate directives and policies in regards to ethical behaviour and integrity. Show no bias and support all aspects of diversity.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, and Environmental Management by displaying the appropriate behaviours and leadership toward meeting the company’s objectives in these areas.
- Engage openly with all colleagues to foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration. Actively participate in all Interdivisional meetings and other opportunities to enrich personal and colleague experiences within Acadian Seaplants Limited.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a major in Marketing, Commerce and/or Agronomy.
- Experience in Commercial Marketing or equivalent (experience in Agricultural Commercial Marketing would be an asset).
- Minimum of two years’ marketing experience preferred with strong working knowledge of marketing principles.
- Computer skills including MS Office & Desktop Publishing.
- Skills in Graphic Design would be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is compulsory.
- Spanish and Portuguese as second languages would be considered a strong asset.
- Solid project management and tactical execution abilities.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Creative and able to think outside the box to solve problems.
- Results-oriented, a hardworking self-starter with a flexible, professional and positive attitude.
- Able to work and perform well in a high pressure, multi-task environment as part of a dynamic team.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that may be required to be performed by the Marketing Coordinator now or in future. S/He will be required to follow any additional instructions deemed appropriate by the Vice President, Marketing, APH.
About Acadian Seaplants
Established in 1981, Acadian Seaplants has been sustainably harvesting and developing marine-derived products that benefit people, animals and plants in over 80 countries across the world. We operate five production facilities in Atlantic Canada and Ireland as well as boast our very own research facility that enables us to continuously innovate and discover new applications for our sustained and renewable resource.
Acadian Seaplants in a multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-national company with firm roots in Nova Scotia. We’re a team of smart, motivated, high achievers who believe in our brand, our products and what they can offer. From production, to engineers, to PhD’s to accountants, we are a vertically-integrated, diverse organization that finds a sense of pride from doing the work we love; which is easy to tell from our long-standing track record of achievements.
We truly believe we can create a sustainable world by advancing the science of seaweed.
If this sounds like the next exciting and lasting chapter in your career, we encourage you to further explore this opportunity by submitting your application online at iflinn@Acadian.ca
For additional information about an Atlantic Canadian company that has built a worldwide business in a highly specialized and innovative sector, please visit our website at www.acadianseaplants.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.