Maintenance Supervisor, Charlesville Nova Scotia Canada
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and supervision of all maintenance activities on the Charlesville site (human resource, maintenance materials, and outside contractors).
- Coordinate maintenance in a timely, safe and efficient manner. In doing so, reflect that we produce finished food grade products that meet or exceed all quality parameters.
- Implement and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program and a work order system. Including the issuing, prioritizing and recording of work orders.
- Develop, refine and implement Maintenance procedures for all activities to ensure safety, and quality standards are achieved.
- Coordinate and supervisor human resources and assign duties to ensure that all Maintenance goals are accomplished and protocols are followed in a strict and timely manner.
- Coordinate departmental human resource issues through communication and monitoring of objectives, including training, performance management and all other policies and procedures in order to develop a solid team and a positive working atmosphere.
- Oversee the sourcing and purchasing of all materials and labour required to maintain our facility and equipment.
- Coordinate and implement reports and maintain a daily reporting structure for the Processing & Maintenance Manager.
- Oversee the Maintenance of appropriate inventory of shop supplies to prevent disruption in production and cultivation activities.
- Ensure all Maintenance within the processing facility is carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner to prevent disruption of normal daily activities.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Maintenance budget and capital projects.
- Co-operate with the development and implementation of changes in the process for new products and processes that will benefit the company.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Safety & Wellness, Corporate Culture, and Environmental Management by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership towards meeting the company’s objectives in these areas.
- Post-secondary education with demonstrated ability in the maintenance / construction industry.
- Experience with a preventative maintenance program and work order system development and upkeep is required.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability in working collectively within a team.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that may be required to be performed by the Manager now or in future. S/He will be required to follow any additional instructions deemed appropriate by his/her direct supervisor.