The Acadian Plant Health™ (APH™) Marketing Team is seeking a Crop/Regional Marketing Manager (Manager) with a strong understanding of agricultural production with a specialization in Row Crops, the ability to collaborate, manage many internal and external relationships, lead a team and coach others. Sound like you? Know this is a challenging and rewarding role that will have you travelling, working with co-workers remotely, and acting as a liaison between the Head Office Marketing Department and the North America Sales teams.
To be successful, you need attention to detail, a zest for building strong relationships, a creative disposition and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This role will give the right candidate a great opportunity to make a mark globally with an innovative product and add an exceptional skillset to their list of accomplishments.
The Key Technical Responsibilities:
The Crop/Regional Marketing Manager for North America is responsible for planning, developing, reporting on, and supporting the design and execution of regional marketing plans that are focused on building awareness, demand and lead generation within key target markets in North America. In addition, the Manager has global responsibilities for the crop category of Row Crops (corn, soybeans, canola, cereals, etc.).
Ultimately, the Manager is responsible for building relationships and implementing cooperative marketing initiatives with key distributors and partners within the North America region.
- Provide leadership for the marketing processes and key marketing deliverables by designing and implementing effective and impactful international regional marketing plans that support Acadian Plant Health™ Division’s short and long-term business objectives.
- Lead analysis to understand key market opportunities and threats, segment influencers, customer demographics, competitive assessments, and market needs.
- Manage the marketing budget for North America to develop regional tactical marketing initiatives following APH™ Global Brand Strategy Guidelines and Policies.
- Establish and lead Crop Teams to build Global Crop Category strategic plans. Initiate market research studies and analyze findings, provide input into product development process, and evaluate marketing strategies in collaboration with Product Life Cycle Management.
- Ensure timely exchange of fundamental, applied, and field research into the promotion of APH™ products based on science and innovation in North America.
- Ensure competitive readiness by identifying market opportunities and risks in the market through ongoing research and market monitoring of: industry & market trends; competitive products and promotional activity; and regulatory barriers and changes.
- Work as part of cross-functional teams with key stakeholders: Global Branding & Communications; Crop/Regional Marketing Managers to build synergies across regions; Product Management and Market Development Specialists in the development and launch of new products; Sales team to drive demand and retention.
- Liaise with the Regulatory Specialist to facilitate entry into new markets in a proactive and timely manner. Maintain product registrations and certifications relevant to North America that support the company’s current and future positions.
- Liaise with Global Brand and Communications Team to develop, create, adjust and ensure that local campaigns in North America are optimally integrated across channels. Reflect the company’s strategic imperatives and incorporate relevant messaging, content and value proposition into field-level programs for implementation by Sales.
- Develop and implement technical marketing material and product educational tools.
- Keep up-to-date on new developments and trends to understand customer and market needs for assigned products within the crop category and regional market.
- Develop product pricing and promotional programs.
- Gather and analyze market information and data. In a consultative fashion, provide marketing expertise/best practices for pursuing the highest potential opportunities, reaching and being relevant to target audiences.
- Support the company’s vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, and Environmental Management by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership towards meeting the company’s objectives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or in a related field with a specialization in Sales or Marketing is required (MBA is preferred).
- Minimum 8-10 years of successful related business experience including Agriculture, Marketing and Sales industry, (experience with international markets is an asset).
- Must have a deep knowledge of row crop production in North America. (CCA preferred or 5+ years Technical Sales in Row Crops).
- Proficiency in English is a must. Spanish and French would be considered an asset.
- Ability to supervise and manage one to two employees.
- Experience in all of the following areas: Agronomic recommendations, Business Planning, Project Management, Sales, Strategic & Tactical Marketing, and Budgeting.
- Strong cross-functional management skills with demonstrated ability to effectively utilize internal resources to meet project deadlines and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to listen and assess customer needs, and prioritize needs/requirements.
- Strong relationship building skills to foster relationships internally and externally.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project).
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time mainly in key crop category production areas to visit end-use customers, channel partners, retailers, suppliers and internal employees.
If this job sounds like it was made for you, we’d like to meet you. To further explore this opportunity, just submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about an Atlantic Canadian company that has built a worldwide business in highly specialized and innovative sectors, please visit our new website at www.acadianseaplants.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.